When it comes to choosing your wedding cake, the options are truly endless. Buttercream, ganache, or fondant? Sugar flowers or fresh blooms? Intricate piping or a rustic semi-naked style? And we haven’t even gotten to the shape or flavors yet! All those choices are exciting (and delicious!), but it can also get pretty overwhelming. To make sure your first sweet bite as newlyweds is everything you’ve imagined, we’ve rounded up the important questions you can’t forget to ask and even had a chat with
Priscilla & Michael Sweet of Silver Rose Bakery.
- Do you have my wedding date available?
- When can I schedule a tasting with you and does the cost of the tasting go towards the overall cake price?
- Do we need to choose from a set selection of designs, or do you create completely custom cakes?
- Do you have a set menu of flavor combinations, or can we mix-and-match cakes and fillings?
- What flavors and fillings do you offer?
- Will you deliver and setup the cake? Is that included with the cost?
- What kinds of ingredients do you use? Do you offer organic, vegan, or gluten-free options?
- How many Wedding Cakes/Desserts do you do per year? Will you overbook my date?
- When does our order need to be finalized?
- Do you do this professionally or is this a hobby?
Pro-Tip: Don’t be fooled by the “hobby bakers” or the “I’m just starting out, I can give you a great deal” people! These are the disaster cakes you usually see. I’ve even heard of them cancelling all together when you don’t have enough time to get a new baker! Creating a Wedding Cake is really hard work, and most people don’t get that until they’re elbow deep in frosting and wondering what they got themselves into!
Trust me and go with a professional. It makes all the difference!
Would you like more information on Wedding Cake & Dessert Designers in your area?
Fill out our contact form below and we’ll find you the bakery that’s best for you!